Subject: Screamer/Amiga rendering differences
From: [email-masked] (John-Mark Austin)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 22:54 EST

A while ago I posted a message asking if anyone had encountered differences
between frames rendered on ScreamerNet and Amigas.  No one seemed to be
aware of any, so we went back and triple checked our setup.  As far as we
can tell these differences are real and are directly related to SOFT
FILTER.

We ran five tests using different features and scenes and found that if
Soft Filter was not used the image file sizes matched byte for byte and the
images displayed no apparent differences.  The frames rendered with Soft
Filter differed in both file size and appearance.

We tested an A3000 Toaster and an A4000 LW standalone vs Shablamm 100 mHz
RISC.  No differences were detected between the A3000 and A4000.

Can someone else duplicate these results on a similar system?

John-Mark

----------------
John-Mark Austin
Audio Graphics
6008-B High Point Road
Greensboro, NC  27407

'God is dead' - Neitzche      'Neitzche is dead' - GOD